Saturday, November 14, 2009

nefertiti and bed rest

Thursday was a good day.. Shane had to go to an archive to do some work and I ventured out around berlin for the day.  I walked around a bit and checked out more of berlin and ended up at a new museum that is pretty much all ancient egypt.  I spent a few hours here checking out all kinds of different artifacts.  Some of the things where truly amazing... One of the coolest things they had there was a total surprise to me.  I walked into a room that had nothing in it but one glass case surrounded by about 40 people.  It was the famous bust of nefertiti.  I had seen this in pictures before but to see it first hand was awesome!  Some of their gold rings and head pieces where very detailed and beautiful.  All in all I had a great time at this museum and I would say you should check it out if you make it to berlin.  

After the museum I was feeling a bit run down so I came back to shanes apartment to take a nap...turns out this was the beginning to the end!!  Once shane got home we cooked up some more german food for dinner.  This time we had schnitzel and knoedel...sooo good.  After dinner we took a walk to the Reichstag which is the parliament building for germany.  They have this giant glass dome on the roof with a path that you walk around the and see all of berlin's skyline.  As you walk it we each had a headset that was triggered by certain points explaining what you where looking at and some history of berlin.  It was very cool. 

After this the plan was to go out to a club but I was feeling very sick and had a fever so I ended up calling it a night.  Well, since then I have not been out side for 2 days and am still feeling horrible...I must have got sick on the flight over or something and it totally sucks!!  Again, for the third night in a row, we are just going to stay in and watch a movie so I can try to recover before amsterdam and before I head out on my own.  Well, think healthy thoughts and lets hope i feel better tomorrow for our 6 hour train ride to amsterdam!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry you are sick. Hope your days of rest are enough to get you to Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope all is well, and you get better soon!

    if you need anything, yous got my number!

    ReplyDelete